As a member off the VMSC you are a representative of the club and as such the club expects members will:
- Treat club members and coaching staff with respect (including being on time for workouts and following lane etiquette).
- Treat pool staff and pool patrons with respect and follow pool rules.
- Treat meet officials and members of other clubs with respect following MSABC guidelines.
- Take care to preserve and protect the dignity, decorum, and privacy of all club members when distributing, disseminating, or otherwise sharing information about club activities through written, electronic, or social media communications.
- The ability to understand and execute proper lane etiquette and perform sets as written and explained.
Should conflicts arise, the club Conflict Resolution Process will be applied to resolve any dispute.
Victoria Masters Swim Club Conflict Resolution Process
In the event of an incident or series of incidents, the Victoria Masters Swim Club Board will, to the degree possible and appropriate in the circumstances, take the following steps in informing a member of complaints/concerns, and working with the member to remediate the behaviour or actions leading to the complaint/concern, or to temporarily or permanently terminate membership for that individual.
1. All members have the right to a fair hearing in the course of determining whether an infraction has been committed.
2. The issues should be clearly and concisely stated so that the accused is aware of the essentials of the complaint.
3. The accused has a right to have a representative present his or her case, or have a support person accompany them while they present their case.
4. Relevant information must be available to the member/accused.
5. The accused has the right to call witnesses.
6. The accused has the right to a written decision following the judgment.
7. The accused has the right to appeal a decision (if there are grounds).
8. The Board (or representative(s) from the Board) has a duty to listen fairly to both sides and to reach a decision untainted by bias.